Microsoft’s new YouTube competitor will be all about user generated videos if its name, Soapbox, is any indication (Hunterstrat calls it “personal whine”).
There aren’t many details yet, but LiveSide is saying this will be a MSN, not Live.com product, and will eventually be launched at soapbox.msn.com. The feature set includes:
* Upload videos in almost any format—like from your video or digital camera (maximum file size is currently 100MB)
* Tag and categorize your videos to make it easy for other people to find them
* Watch original videos and browse for new ones at the same time
* Set up your own personal RSS feeds for videos you’re interested in
* Use your Windows Live Spaces profile with Soapbox on MSN Video
* Embed a video on your Web site or blog